It’s called a village salad for a reason it can feed an entire village for a few days and since we have one awesome village coming for a week, I thought we’d give it a go. I will make a batch of this and use it with chicken, beef or fish. We got a whole mess of healthy eaters who want something light but tasty, can’t wait to serve it to them. We ate it tonight with some salmon, it was delicious…we will blog that separately.
- 3 cups of chopped peppers. Yellow, Red and Green (Stoplight peppers)
- 3/4 cup of chopped red onion
- 1 cup of chopped kalamata olives
- 2 small tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers seeded and chopped
- 3 tbs chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/8 cup of red wine vinegar
- 6-8 oz of feta cheese (please buy the un crumbled…you’ll be happy it just makes a creamier dressing)
- salt and pepper to taste
Pour the oil, vinegar, oregano and feta into a medium size bowl. Whisk together.
Add the vegetables and salt and pepper. mix well and that’s it.